Sunday, August 5, 2007

August 5th ride

Today I did a late evening ride around the Adams loop. Even though it was at dusk, the ride was hot with no breeze blowing.

Adams loop
Trip distance: 17.72 Miles
Average speed: 16.34 MPH
Top speed: 26.8 MPH

Cats
No, I have never been chased by a cat or ever come close to running one over. I thought I should at least mention cats to counter the dog blog entry I had made previously. We do have a couple of house cats. Once while doing important work on my computer (playing a game). I had to stop for a few for an important boardroom meeting (bathroom break). When I returned our short haired black cat named Sophie was looking up at me expectantly from my computer chair. Willing to compromise I sat on the front of the chair leaving Sophie with the back half of the seat.
The computer work was getting fairly intense and I was getting less comfortable with the seating arrangement; my back was starting to ache a bit and I seemed to be letting a lot of aliens escape. I looked behind me and noticed Sophie looked very comfortable in her half of the chair.

My brain went into overdrive (and short circuited) , how could I make her decide that the chair was not the place for her? The burritos I had earlier was starting to work on me when it hit me. Ha! I'll just use a little gas warfare on her, that will get her off the chair and leave it all for me.

The bean burritos really are starting to build up some power. Time to fire the first round! I let it all go, loud and very smelly. I was holding my nose, feeling pretty smug as I was waiting for her to jump off the chair and leave me in comfort.

It was taking too long, nothing was happening and just as I was about to look behind me I felt the sharp end of Sophie's fangs needle through my pants and into my left rear cheek! I stood up with a yelp! Now I had a cat hanging from my rear. After what seemed an eternity, Sophie let go and gently dropped back into the chair while I was leaping about the room. Now with a pain in my rear I didn't feel much like sitting and decided to lay in bed for a while (on my stomach). I turned my computer off and looked down at Sophie now curled up using the entire chair looking up at me with a smug look.

No comments: