Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14th ride - Solo Century and Goal Met

It was very cool out and overcast with a 40% chance of rain this Sunday morning. So I thought I would keep an eye on the weather and try for a second century to meet my goal of two century's on two consecutive days. Success!

I started it by riding my 60 mile loop then added a 20 mile loop around Greensburg and finished off by adding another 20 miles West of Greensburg. The only stops were at the 48 and 75 mile markers to refill the tanks and empty the bladder.

I had some left foot pain, but not too bad. The only problem I really had was when I got off the bike, my legs were sore, but they were fine  pushing the pedals, first time I had that happen.

Even though this was a slower Century, I think this is the first one that I have ever completed from start to finish, including breaks under 6 hours. Part of the reason was my wife put her own goal/limit on this ride: I had to be done by 2:30, I actually completed at 2:15, plenty of time to spare.

After the ride I was fine with the exception of my sore leg muscles, which didn't last too long.
A very enjoyable ride. I'll have to think about my next goal I'll set to replace this one.

Link to ride details

Here are the summary stats:

No comments: