Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 29th ride

Early evening ride to New Pennington and New Point.

Map of the ride
Trip distance: 35.54 miles
Average speed: 14.96 MPH

Remarks I have heard while riding my recumbent bicycle:
-Awesome!
-Did you build that yourself?
-Nice bike!
-The dumbfounded look from first time viewers.
-Hysterical laughter. (I assume also from first time viewers)
-Car horn
-Police siren; I was actually pulled over and told by a state trooper it was illegal to ride a recumbent on Highway 46! (unless I could keep up with traffic.)
-Thumbs up/down
-Finger up
-!$%!@
-One van load actually drove alongside me for a few minutes and filmed me with a camera phone while laughing hysterically. (I keep looking on youtube but haven't seen the movie yet.)
-"Dang, what happened? Did you have a bike wreck and not know how to put it back together?"

With so many people remarking about my unique bike combined with my own delusions of grandeur I have now put a sign on my bike with this websites address so anyone can look at the bike and instantly know how to find more information about the bike and the rides I take. Tonights ride was the first with the new sign.

No comments: