Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 21st ride

The ride felt great and fast, even though I had some mileage in a couple little towns. The first 39 miles were with an average of 20.0 mph. The last couple of in town miles slowed my average to 19.8 mph. I felt very strong, this was an A+ ride.  I'm really liking the work Decatur county has done on this highway, it used to be rough until I hit Shelby county, now it's smooth for the whole ride.

Extra excitement:
After I had turned around to head back towards Greensburg, I was watching a car coming down the highway towards me, It looked like a late model black Mustang. I was watching it since the headlights were on bright were blue and seemed to be blinking (it wasn't dark out).  I was going over 20 mph, I'm sure he was going at least 55 mph. When suddenly without warning a large plastic cup full of liquid came out the window and hit my left shoulder. I didn't have any chance to duck or move out of the way.

Very painful, I now have a good sized bruise where the cup hit me. This is the second time this year someone has thrown a cup of liquid at me. I'm not sure what these kids are thinking.  Not sure what would've happened if he had hit my face/head instead of my shoulder. Of course he was too fast to get the license plate number, not sure if the cops would have done much if I did catch it.

I've be considering buying a camera for a while to document my rides. This incident was the final push, I have now ordered a GoPro HD. I should receive it in a couple of days. If you think reading these blog entries are boring, wait till you try to watch hours of endless riding!


Summary stats:



No comments: