Friday, April 22, 2011

April 21st ride

After work I put on my biking jacket and long biking pants since the temparature was in the high 50's. I rode West down highway 46 for 18 miles and then back plus I rode an extra 14 miles for a total of 50 miles. I had a strong wind from the East and South. I use to really hate the wind, but now early in the year I think of it as extra training preparing me for the warm summer days. Of couse riding a mid racer like the Musashi also helps abit.
I'm really getting use to the Catbike Musashi now. I think I'll nick name it my 'pocket rocket'. I'm getting used to flying at over 30 mph down hills and 25mph during straight flat roads with a little tail wind.

I rode 50 miles with no stops (except stop signs, lights etc) . The first 19 miles I had an average speed of over 21mph. The ride took 3 hours total here are the ride data according to the Garmin 705 GPS:
Avarage speed: 16.9mph max: 32.8mph
Average heart rate: 144bpm max 158bmp
Average bike cadence: 92 rpm max 112rpm
Total distance: 50.47miles

No comments: